Welcome to A Mother Fight, here you will find advice for mothers, from mothers to be to great grand mothers. Being a mum is one of the most rewarding ventures in life however it is also one of the most demanding permanent jobs you can take on, most couples who accept the challenge not only find it demanding financially but find it very tough mentally and emotionally. Separation anxiety not only effects children at a young age but also affects adults in the early stages of parenthood. This normally comes about when you are thinking about returning to work or its time for your child to go to pre-school.
Going back to work can leave you with feelings of guilt, uncertainty and depression however you can take solace in the fact that the majority of mothers go through this during the first couple of months of returning back to workplace, this is normally where you rely on your support network such as your partner, friends and family to help you through this stage, however if this is something you feel talking to an external party will help then we are here to offer support and be a shoulder to lean on. In the meantime here are a few pointers for you to follow this advice for mothers and farthers:
- If you are a modern family and decide to marry later on on with your partner after having a family. Having your children get involved is a great way of bonding with them. Having your daughter chose her bridesmaid dress or helping you chose from the best wedding dresses Melbourne has to offer. Or your son choosing the flavour of the cake, keeping them involved in the special day will make them feel more a part of it for the years to come.
- Keeping a picture of your child either in your bag or purse can give you a feeling of closeness as you can constantly see them, also placing a photo in your place of work either on your desk or computer background helps.
- Get used to saying goodbye from an early age, this helps both you as a mother as well as preparing the child for when the time comes to return to your job.
- When leaving your child with in professional care, ensure they have the right certification and qualifications because they have taken child care diploma courses and been found a competent person for the job.
- Getting plenty hours of sleep will keep you feeling fresh and keep you emotionally strong, it also helps being well prepared, so try to organize everything the night before so you have some quality time in the morning to spend with your child before heading off.
- Make a to do list of things you have been looking forward to doing and try to complete as many as possible, whether it is enjoying the company of your coworkers, taking a stroll in the park on your lunch hour or even hitting the gym on your way back home.
- Have conviction in your decision and remember you used to be that self-driven working woman who was a force to be reckoned with in the business world.
- Plan fun activities to with your child on the weekends such as having family fun days spending quality time with together and the way to do this is by making sure you have very best jumping castle hire Sydney has to offer to make your special day as enjoyable as possible.
By doing just a few of these tasks will take your mind of the situation and help you with separation anxiety, you may also find spending time with your child and doing daily tasks with them have become more enjoyable.
Separation anxiety during adolescence, dealing with separation advice for mothers
Feeling the stresses and anxiety doesn’t just occur when you are preparing to leave your child in their early years but it is a constant emotion throughout motherhood and that natural urge to protect continues even when they are fully grown. There are steps you can take to make sure you quell any concerns you might have during this process and here are some scenarios you might have to deal with.
- Education – making sure you child get the very best education and putting them through good schools will give you the security knowing you are providing the greatest tools to help them develop.
- Sports – getting your child active in sports will increase their self-confidence and you know they are in a safe environment maturing their social skills, it also opens a gateway to meeting other parents and families where you can share your thoughts with others who relate. Martial arts is a great place to start however another alternative to this is running, jogging or riding are great ways to improve your kids health. There are many bike styles you can chose from, BMX, Mountain Bikes or trial bikes. Try find what you are looking for in a bike shop either online or a store near you.
- Holidays and trips – whether this is their first school trip or they are going on holiday with their friends, it may leave you with a sense fear and panic, however you need to see this time as vital quality time with your partner or spouse and can strengthen your bonds.
- Driving – Having you child getting behind the wheel of car is a scary process not just for the person sitting in the passenger seat but can raise anxiety issues as a mother thinking of the dangers. That’s why you need a team you can trust and in a driving school Sydney mums put their faith.
- Finances – Using a mortgage brokers services to ensure you have the very best deal when it comes to investing or remortgaging your home.
At the end of the day there will always be worries and it about finding the best way to deal with them, so if you have any questions or would like some consultation, then please get in touch with us and speak to one of our friendly advisers for further help and advice for mothers.